SPC XL 2010 Upgrade
SPC XL 2010 is a free upgrade to all licensed users of previous versions of SPC XL. For more information about the upgrade and how to obtain the upgrade, please read the FAQs below.
Frequently Asked Questions
What versions of Excel is SPC XL 2010 compatible with?
SPC XL 2010 is compatible with Excel 2000, 2002 (XP), 2003, 2007 and 2010 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Is SPC XL compatible with 64 bit version of MS Excel 2010?
Yes, SPC XL runs on both 32 bit and 64 bit Excel 2010 versions.
Why is the upgrade free for licensed users of SPC XL?
We have phenomenal customer service.
How do I get the upgrade?
If your serial number is in the form SX-####-###### (SX-4 digits-6 digits) then go here to get the upgrade.
What if I don't have a serial number in the format SX-####-######?
If you have a 9 digit numeric serial number, then click here for more information.
Where do I find my serial number?
Click here for more information about finding your serial number.
Does "Free Upgrade" mean that SPC XL is free to anyone?
No, you must have a legal purchased copy of the commercial version of SPC XL. If your received a free copy, trial copy, demo copy, etc., then you are not entitled to a free upgrade. In simpler terms, if you or your company purchased SPC XL then you are entitled to a free upgrade. If not, we would be happy to sell you a copy.
What do I do if I find a bug?
Please send an email with the bug information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What has changed since version 2007?
Visit our Change Log page for more information.
What new features are in SPC XL 2010 over SPC XL 2000?
- Excel 2007 compatibility and Ribbon Interface
- Support for Unified Menus
- SPC XL has been digitally signed allowing you to bypass the "Enable Macros" dialog.
- Addition of a Paired t Test
- The independence test output has been enhanced.
- t Test, paired t Test, and F Test include summary statistics
- The Pareto chart has been enhanced to work with percentage data.
- Ability to "Unstack" data
- Addition of Main Effects Plot
- Smart Select of Columns or Rows
- ANOVA MSA calculations for one operator or one replicate
- Addition of sample size calculations for single and two-sided hypothesis test
Does SPC XL 2010 support the Ribbon Interface in Excel 2007?
Yes, SPC XL includes a ribbon interface.
Do I need to uninstall my old copy of SPC XL?
No, but uninstalling the old copy will not hamper your install in any way.
I have heard that there are a lot of problems with Excel Add-Ins when using Excel 2007; is this true?
Yes, the new version of Excel has a lot of issues. Please be aware that multiple other Office Add-Ins are having problems with Office 2007. For example, some versions of Adobe Acrobat throw an error message "Compile error in hidden module: DistMon" each time Excel 2007 is started and again when it is shut down. This error is not related to SPC XL in any way.