When you start Quantum XL in Excel 2007 (or later), it will create two new tabs in the ribbon bar: QXL Monte Carlo, QXL Stat Tools and QXL DOE.
QXL Stat Tools
The statistical tools ribbon is divided into the following sections:
- Statistical Tools contains links to the Data Template, Control Charts, Analysis Tools, Hypothesis Tests, and MSA.
- QFD, FMEA, Pugh is where SnapSheets features are integrated into Quantum XL.
- Additional Tools include Decision Trees, DSM, Component Swapping, Stack/Unstack columns, and Random numbers.
The DOE ribbon is divided into the following sections:
- Create and modify design (Design Wizard, D-Optimal, ...)
- Analyze design (Regression, Optimize and Charts)
QXL Monte Carlo
The Monte Carlo ribbon is divided into the following sections:
- Design. Use these tools for free-form model building (IO Manager, Mark input, …), support for IPO sheets, Merge designs, and marking/unmarking inputs and outputs.
- Monte Carlo. Use this section to run Monte Carlo simulations, optimize models, or run one of the supported contribution tools.
- Additional Tools. This section allows you to design scorecards, create Latin Hypercube Samples and Descriptive Samples for validation strategies, or create NOLHS designs which are ideal for multi-level experiments with deterministic simulators.